Wednesday, February 16, 2011

200 dead in south Sudan massacre

More than 200 people were killed in a massacre in south Sudan last week. The south's Humanitarian Affairs Minister James Kok, today said that 201 people, had been killed in what he termed a massacre.He said they were chased into a river by rebels and nearly 160 of the dead were civilians, such as children, the elderly and refugees.

Previous estimates said that about 100 people had died when fighters loyal to rebel leader George Athor attacked. The deaths come as the region prepares for independence from the north after last month's referendum. Some 99 per cent of people voted to secede from the north.

No comments:

30.76 Lakh Houses Sanctioned So Far Under PMAY (U)  ON  NOVEMBER 24, 2017  BY  NARESH SAGAR LEAVE A COMMENT EDIT 30.76 Lakh Houses S...