Bilateral meeting between the Justice Ministers of India and United Kingdom
Shri Salman Khurshid, Minister of Law & Justice and United Kingdom’s Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice Shri Kenneth Harry Clarke held a meeting here today to further strengthen the co-operation between the two countries in the field of law.
The U.K. Minister was accompanied by a High Level delegation that included:
1. Shri Suma Chakrabarty, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice;
2. Ms. Kathryn Laing, Special Advisor to the Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice;
3. Shri John Wooton, President, Law Society of England and Wales;
4. Shri Khawar Qureshi QC of the UK Bar Council; and
5. Shri Richard Stagg, UK High Commissioner to India.
From the Indian side Law Secretary, Shri D.R. Meena; Secretary, Legislative Department, Shri V.K.Bhasin; Secretary, Justice, Smt. Neela Gangadharan and Chairman, Bar Council of India, Shri Ashok Parija were present during the bilateral talks.
Earlier Shri Salman Khurshid and Shri Kenneth Harry Clarke inaugurated a Seminar on ‘UK-India Co-operation on Emerging Legal Sector Issues’.